Even when we know a particular change is for the better, we can be hesitant to move forward. If you find yourself covering your mouth when you talk, rarely smiling, or looking down when you speak, it’s time for a cosmetic dentistry change. Your smile has the power to boost your confidence and allow people to see and hear everything you have to offer the world. Although there’s a clear understanding that advanced cosmetic dentistry will create a visible and emotional change, you may hold off for a number of reasons.Anticipating major change can be exciting, but before making any decisions, consult the team at your family and cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry has a number of benefits, but because every patient is different, you need to have that conversation with the dentist at your Shelton advanced cosmetic dentistry office. As you explore the benefits of cosmetic dentistry, there are a few topics you should consider.What Are Your Cosmetic Dentistry Expectations?Bringing in a photo of your favorite movie star to your family and cosmetic dentistry office is not the ideal way to choose the smile you want. The cosmetic changes that look great on your favorite Hollywood star won’t necessarily fit your face size and structure. To set realistic expectations for your cosmetic dentistry experience:
- Speak with your dentist about features you like in a smile, rather than demanding your advanced cosmetic dentistry experience leave you with someone else’s exact look
- Ask your cosmetic dentist what features of your face can you play up with certain procedures
- Ask your Bridgeport dentist about upkeep of different procedures you’re considering
- Request before and after photos of the work completed by the family and cosmetic dentistry office
- Porcelain Veneers: Chipped or broken teeth can be features of your smile you try to hide. Porcelain veneers are a perfect treatment for your otherwise healthy teeth. Veneers are not as involved as a full crown, but still create a bright smile.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening in Shelton is one of the easiest and most affordable adjustments you can make to your smile. Some whitening treatments can be finished in one office visit, while others may call for follow-up treatments.
- White Fillings: If you have multiple silver fillings from years ago, you should know there are new materials that can rebuild your smile to be one uniform color. Stop feeling self conscious about your teeth and opt for white fillings that make your smile look decades younger.