There are many circumstances that can leave the teeth compromised in either health or aesthetics. Advanced decay, an injury to the mouth or face, deep-set stains, and excessive wear and tear are all factors that can be addressed with porcelain crowns treatment. At DeJesus Dental Group, our cosmetic dentists work hard to give patients the smile they desire. For many of our Bridgeport patients, porcelain crowns allow us to restore a weak, damaged, or aesthetically flawed tooth so that the health and beauty of the smile can be enhanced while allowing the patient to preserve healthy tooth enamel. Porcelain crowns are a valuable treatment due to both the health and aesthetic benefits they provide our patients.
Dental crowns are known to enhance the strength of the teeth and restore function and comfort to our patients. By removing unhealthy and damaged tooth enamel, our dentists can rebuild a weakened tooth by surrounding the remaining healthy tooth enamel with a layer of strong and durable porcelain. Porcelain crowns are custom-made so they fit comfortably and function seamlessly with the surrounding natural teeth. With a porcelain crown in place, our patients will benefit from the following oral health advantages:
- Renewed strength for the damaged tooth
- Ability to eat, chew, and speak with comfort and ease
- A protective layer around the tooth which helps to block out bacteria, plaque, and tartar so that it is not able to enter the center of the tooth
- Easy to care for with regular brushing and flossing, which makes it easier for patients to avoid oral health problems such as tooth decay and gum disease
- Long-lasting durability which should keep the tooth protected for up to 15 years
Although dental crowns are considered a restorative dental treatment, they have many cosmetic applications as well. Porcelain crowns can be applied to improve the appearance of a tooth that is severely aesthetically flawed or can enhance the appearance of a tooth being treated for structural damage. The following are some of the aesthetic benefits of porcelain crowns treatment:
- Porcelain crowns are tooth-colored and can be custom matched to the natural teeth
- Porcelain crowns are semi-translucent and closely resemble the natural teeth
- Porcelain crowns can treat teeth that are badly stained or discolored, and are made of a material that is stain resistant so that they keep their bright, white color
- Porcelain crowns can improve the size or shape of a tooth
- Porcelain crowns can fill in unsightly gaps left by missing teeth
Am I a Candidate?
Because of the wide applications of porcelain crowns, most of our patients are ideal candidates for this procedure. If your tooth is cosmetically blemished, weak in structure, or damaged by injury or decay, our dentists can let you know if porcelain crowns treatment is right for you. For those who are candidates, a porcelain crown can be designed, fabricated, and applied in as little as two dental appointments.
Schedule an Appointment
At DeJesus Dental Group, we offer a wide range of dental services that allow our patients to improve the health of their teeth while improving the overall appearance of the smile. If you are interested in learning more about porcelain crowns or any of our other dental treatments, [appointment_url text=”schedule an appointment”] with one of our trusted cosmetic dentists at your earliest convenience. We look forward to meeting you!