You can have a straight smile once only achieved with traditional metal orthodontics in just a fraction of the time, with porcelain veneers as instant orthodontics! At our Bridgeport cosmetic dentistry practice, DeJesus Dental Group, we offer the most advanced and effective treatments. Read on to learn how porcelain veneers are used as instant orthodontics.
The Instant Orthodontics Procedure
In the instant orthodontics procedure, porcelain veneers are used to create evenly shaped, straight appearing teeth. Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made prosthetics used to hide dental flaws and imperfections. Each veneer is made from impressions taken of the teeth and the precise specifications provided by our cosmetic dentists. Then, talented lab technicians craft each veneer from porcelain, an ideal material because of its durability, natural appearance, and versatility. In addition, the veneers can be made in varying shades of whiteness so we can find the perfect shade for you.
The porcelain veneers treatment process generally takes two dental visits, after your treatment plan has been formulated. During the first treatment appointment, our dentists prepare the teeth and make impressions of your teeth so the custom fitted veneers can be fabricated. Once the porcelain veneers have been crafted from your personal impressions, a second appointment will be needed to bond the veneers to the teeth and finalize your treatment.
The Benefits of Instant Orthodontics Over Traditional Orthodontics
For our patients in Bridgeport, porcelain veneers as instant orthodontics have many benefits over traditional metal braces. Here are just a few of the reasons why our patients prefer the instant orthodontics treatment:
- Instant results: With instant orthodontics, you will have a gorgeous smile as soon as you leave the dentist’s office. With traditional orthodontics, treatment may take up to 19 months. During that time, you will have to wear unsightly metal braces, which can cause pain and embarrassment.
- Time effective and convenient: Since instant orthodontics treatment can be completed in as little as two dental appointments, you won’t have to find time to fit in monthly dental appointments as required with traditional orthodontics.
- Comfortable and painless: Porcelain veneers are comfortable. Most patients find the porcelain veneer treatment process completely painless, especially when compared to traditional metal braces. The wires that connect metal braces require regular tightening, which can cause sore jaws, teeth, and gums; this can also make eating difficult.
- Improved aesthetics: Traditional orthodontics will not change the shape of the teeth like porcelain veneers can. Veneers can be used to hide flaws like discoloration and minor fractures, and can be used to improve the size and shape of the teeth.
- Increased confidence: With instant orthodontics, you will feel the lasting benefits of a gorgeous smile without enduring the pain or embarrassment of wearing metal braces for several months.
Schedule a Consultation with DeJesus Dental Group
Porcelain veneers can treat mildly misaligned teeth and slightly uneven teeth. Major misalignment is still best treated with traditional orthodontics. We welcome you to book a consultation with DeJesus Dental Group to see if you’re a candidate for instant orthodontics.