Hide Horrible Teeth With Beautiful-Looking Dental Veneers
You’re getting ready to head out for the evening. You got your new haircut looking good, your clothes are great, and your skin is perfect. You do one last check in the mirror … and you catch yourself smiling. Suddenly, all of that confidence is gone, because you hate the way your smile looks. Between stains, chips, and little but noticeable gaps between your teeth, you just know people are going to be talking about you behind your back. To know more and to schedule your appointment, call our dental office at 203-212-8259 for dental veneers Stratford, CT or 203-916-9348 for dental veneers Bridgeport, CT area.
Thankfully, there’s a fast and long-lasting solution: dental veneers.
What Is A Dental Veneer?
A dental veneer is a thin covering of porcelain that looks just like a healthy tooth should look. It is placed on top of the front of your teeth, instantly covering over any small chips, cracks, stains, or other dental cosmetic issues. Because they improve the look of your teeth the moment they are placed, many call dental veneers “instant orthodontics.”
What Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Dental veneer can correct several problems at once, which is why they are so popular.
- If your teeth are stained or yellow, the veneers are colored to look like white, healthy teeth. As soon as they are placed, the stains are hidden.
- If your teeth are chipped, cracked, or have deep grooves called craze lines, veneers will hide all of those imperfections with a smooth, healthy appearance.
- If you have small gaps between your teeth, your veneers can be made just slightly larger than the teeth they’re going on. This will cover those small gaps and make your smile look normal.
- If the edges of your teeth are irregular or angled, veneers can likewise be made just a little bit larger in places to make sure your teeth look straight and even.
There’s one more problem that’s hard to see that veneers help with as well: confidence. When your smile doesn’t look good, you will likely feel self-conscious about it and won’t like to smile as much. But once dental veneers turn your smile into something beautiful to look at, your confidence is sure to rise.
How Are Veneers Placed?
Although dental veneers are very thin, your teeth do need to be prepared beforehand. Our dentists will carefully remove a thin layer of enamel from the front of your teeth. This allows the veneer to sit flush on the teeth. Because enamel has no nerve endings, this process is painless. Once complete, we place a special nontoxic adhesive to the front of your teeth. Finally, the veneer is artfully placed on your teeth and guided gently into the best position.
Can They Fit Over Any Tooth?
Because our dentists need to remove a small layer of enamel before placing veneers on your teeth, those teeth need to have a healthy amount of enamel already there. Also, veneers will be placed only on the teeth normally visible when you smile. There’s little reason to use such a cosmetic treatment on teeth that you never see.
For more information about how dental veneer can instantly make your smile something to show off to everybody, or to make your next appointment, call today at 203-916-9348 for dental veneers Bridgeport, CT or 203-212-8259 for dental veneers Stratford, CT. You can also use our convenient online form to contact either location.
- Kelly G. Vilma and Lucy are wonderful…a true asset to the Dejesus team! VIEW MORE PATIENT TESTIMONIALS
Get Your Free E-book
Gaps in your smile? Missing teeth can shorten your life, damage your smile, and lower your confidence! Sign up for our FREE e-book to find out how to get your smile back!